And now the real countdown begins! Today/tomorrow marks the start of our 36th week of this crazy journey. The last month—I can hardly believe it's here! Most days I feel ready. Some other days...not so much, lol. And everyone keeps telling me that no matter how ready I feel, I am not by any stretch of the imagination, and that no one is ever really ready. Well in response, all I can say is: Suck it, haters! I'm gonna keep pretending I've got my shit together, so there! Neener neener! (Plus! positive thinking about being prepared leaves me in a much calmer state of mind than being anxious about it, so I'm choosing preparedness, even if I'm totally deluded, lol!)
It does help that we got so much done this weekend (with lots of help from Michaela!). The crib is officially put together in the baby's room. Things are washed and put away. We have lots of diapers and other essentials stocked up and organized. All we need now is a little time to relax, sleep, and mentally prepare ourselves to share our lives with an incredible little dude. Adam and I are both sooooo excited to meet him and hold and cuddle him.
We had a check-up today; from here on, we will be going weekly since we are getting so close. And everything looked great as usual! My blood pressure was a little high when I first got there, but after resting on my left side for a few minutes, they rechecked and it was completely normal. Whew! Stormy was also very excited to be there, apparently. He was kicking like crazy, and his heartbeat measured at 150 bmp. He's normally somewhere around 130, but today's measurement was by no means unusual. We just caught him getting some exercise. Well, I tell ya, he'd better get it in now because things are getting really tight in there! As he gets bigger, his movements will become more restricted. He's surrounded in the max amount of amniotic fluid now, so the space around him isn't going to grow anymore. Any more growth will be all baby! Little dude needs a few more weeks to fill out and plump up before he joins us.
So that's all I've got for now, but stay tuned—the really exciting stuff isn't too far away!
(Just fyi, we learned today that pregnant or not, if your blood pressure is running high, laying on your left side to rest for a while is a surefire way to get it to come down a bit. Good information for anyone to know, I think!)
Mama, Daddy, and Baby
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm getting excited...gonna get my 'to go' bag packed up this weekend just in case...
ReplyDeleteLets see, I'll need clothes, toiletries, toys - yep TOYS for my little Stormy! Gas in the car, speed radar for the car and lol minimal pit stops on the way. Oh yeah...guess I better put in my leave request for work now too. WOW, so close and yet so far.
SOOOOOOON
Love ya
Mom